Monday, March 17, 2008

The Shonan Coast


On our one full day in Tsujido/Kamakura, we packed in quite a few activities. Even thousands of kilometres away, our new house was on my mind! During breakfast, a fabulous French toast prepared by Yui's Aunt Yuko, I took a look at some of her magazines. I fell in love with one magazine, which turned out to be a home shopping channel catalogue. The furniture in the magazine was perfect for our small living room - much more reasonable than the huge furniture available at home. (And which currently furnishes our condo!) Check it out: Belle Maison

Aunt Yuko saw my drooling and asked if I wanted to go check out some furniture stores. I was overjoyed! One of the things I love to do when travelling is see how normal people live - even if it's just grocery shopping. So we checked out an Ikea/Jysk type store. I was very sad that I wasn't able to take any of it home with me! My dearest wish is to get a kotatsu. It is a table with a heater on the bottom. The top part comes off and you can put a blanket under the top part, cuddle into the blanket and bask in the heat. It's fabulous. I want one for our family room!

Yui's cousin Sachiko came with us - having been married just a month after us, she was also scoping out some housewares for her place.

After the drooling was done, we headed off to an Italian restaurant, Japanese style. I love Japanese Italian food! You have to be adventurous and prepared for something odd, but it's good in its own quirky way! That was followed by drive along the coast to an aquarium. The aquarium was very interesting, and quite similar to the ones that we see here in Canada. We saw a dolphin show which was very cute! Yui had a great time taking tons of pictures.

Today's photos

ジェン

No comments: